Walk-in plant growth chambers
- Standard temperature range +5 to +45 °C, standard humidity range 45 to 90% relative humidity; they can be extended on request
- Low energy requirements due to separate cooling and dehumidification operations
- White powder-coated or stainless steel interior wall finish
- Design with air-cooled refrigeration unit (direct evaporation) also possible
- Alarm and limit value violation of temperature and humidity forwarding to building control system
- Climate technology and control and regulation technology can be designed redundantly
With ThermoTEC walk-in plant growth chambers, biological testing can be performed regardless of geographical conditions. The temperature and humidity range is adapted to the naturally occurring environmental conditions. For your experimental plants, optimum growing conditions as well as extreme and rare climate events can be simulated.
The uniform and homogeneous air circulation and low air speed inside the chambers (< 0.3 m/sec.) achieve an extremely high level of temperature and humidity stability.
Depending on the luminous intensity, the chambers are equipped with fluorescent lamps, high-pressure halogen vapour lamps or a LED lighting ceiling. Alternatively, mobile shelving systems with illuminated shelves (multiple levels) are available with fluorescent tubes or LED lighting.
The chambers are controlled and the temperature, humidity and luminous is regulated using a Siemens S7-1200. Actual values, setpoints, alarms and system parameters are displayed on a colour touch panel and can be changed according to user requirements. Day cycles with a sunrise and sunset cycle as well as all other functions required for state-of-the-art plant growth research can be programmed in real-time.
Thanks to the modular design, the size of the walk-in chambers can be individually adapted to the local conditions.